Thursday, May 27, 2010

You sink without a sound...

Ok, so for the record the Conservatory was amazing!!! Please go if you get the chance! Just beware that if you go during the afternoon on a weekday, it might be overpopulated with lots of loud school children which will alter your experience a little. Next time I go I will have photos galore!!

By the way, does anyone remember this book?


My mom used to read it to me ages ago and I recently spotted it laying on a chair in my friend's house. It is a story about a little bunny-child laying in their bed at night, saying goodnight to everything in their home.




The entire book is written very eloquently in rhyming lyrics. After rereading it a few days ago, I repeated certain lines to myself throughout the course of the day. My favorite lines: "Goodnight comb and Goodnight brush. Goodnight nobody. Goodnight mush. And Goodnight to the old lady whispering "hush".


These are images from the Mermaid Theatre's production of Goodnight Moon. Well crafted handmade sets and bunny puppets? Yes, please!!


I love that they stuck with the original color scheme of the book. But they could have been a little bit more creative with their placement of the puppeteers.


I'm usually pretty open about my mild case of agoraphobia and my love of small shoebox-sized rooms. I found this on Peter Tucker's website, along with other tiny delights. This room just makes me want to shrink myself down to Tinkerbelle size and snuggle in that mini bed!!

But anyway - I was able to find the animated version of Goodnight Moon on youtube, read by Susan Sarandon. Doesn't it just make you want to go to sleep??



And of course, a little shameless self promotion never hurt anyone.

Goodnight Moooon earrings. Still for sale on my Etsy page.


I found this song a while back when I researching the death of Kurt Cobain (don't ask why) apparently Veruca Salt was inspired by his suicide and Goodnight Moon when they wrote this.
You're the pearl in the quicksand
You sink without a sound
I'm the girl with the tiny hands
Planted underground
You're the dream, I'm the dreamer
In the dream, you're still around
See the sun falling down [x4]
You're the bleach
When everything went black
The relief I found
You're the sliver of hope in my lap
You're soft, warm, round
See the sun falling down [x4]
Falling down [x2]
Goodnight moon, Goodnight mush
Goodnight ladies saying hush
Goodnight moon, Goodnight mush
Goodnight ladies saying hush
See the sun falling down [x6]
How obsessive can a person be over one little book? Finding it yesterday was like some sort of omen. Happy Thursday!!

2 comments:

Danica V. said...

greetings from ur 12th follower. holy cow, i didn't know that goodnight moon had been made into a show! the placement of the puppeteers actually reminds me of avenue q.

Poly Glamourous said...

Hello 12th follower!! So glad you've decided to tumble down the rabbit hole with me! Yep, it's a show by a theatre company that is now doing a show based on 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar', remember that book??