Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring things...[Spring Updates]

So to all of you out there that are just dying to find out- I did not get that lovely huge grant I applied for. (BOOOOO!!!) After cursing and swearing at my computer screen for a lengthy amount of time, I decided that all is well and I will still continue to make the art I make, with or without their filthy money. (You hear that art school!?)

On a similar yet happy note, I have so far gotten into one of the craft fairs I've applied to! Yippeee!!! I will be a proud participant in the Mercadito DIY Arts and Crafts fair at the Rumble Arts Center on Mother's Day, May 8th from 11am-3pm. If you are in the Chicago area or more specifically in Humboldt park, please stop by my table and say hello. I will have lots of lovely jewelry waiting to greet you!!

Recently went to an artist talk with David Leggett at the 65 grand gallery. I really am fascinated by his work and some of the stories that went along with it but a lot of his art makes me so sad, I just want to pretend it's not there. Even though he had a great sense of humor, my heart hurt a little when I left.

From the book Until Friday, 2006

Red Hoodie Slow Jam, 2008 (currently at 65 Grand)

Smoke the purple out of the rainbow, 2010 (Currently at 65 Grand)

From the book Until Friday 2006


Sometimes his level of honesty in art just kind of makes me want to back away. (Which I think says a lot about my character, unfortunately.) He did, however make me want to go home and listen to some Parliament and dance! Check out his art and tell me what you think!

I've got some new jewelry in my etsy shop. Feel free to tell me what you think about those things, too or you can always just buy stuff!

Social Butterfly Earrings. For all you ladies who dream of one day flying away!

Round and Pretty Earrings go great with tea!


So that's that! I need a hot shower and a warm hug. Happy Tuesday. <3

2 comments: