Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dame Darcy and Dream Operator

Dame Darcy is Rad. She's a graphic novelist/comic book artist/doll maker based out of San Francisco. I fell in love with her after picking up a collection of her comics called MeatCake. The cast of characters in meat cake include a two headed woman, a werewolf, a human pez dispenser, a promiscuous mermaid, and a lady named Richard. Awesome. She also did a graphic novelization of Jane Eyre (one of my favorite books.)










I found this on youtube (god bless it). It's a scene from one of my favorite movies...and it's one of my favorite songs from when I was a lass. Not to mention the clothes are rad. Enjoy.

1 comment:

L. said...

YESSS! I waited forever for her signature at MoCCA, totally worth it. I love when she plays the saw.